Tuesday, 7 May 2013

18.04.13 All shall be well.




At the beginning of this course I was deeply troubled, I realized that I had suppressed a lot of insecurities and emotions. My emotions were haggard from the constant need to live up to expectations, those of family, those of friends and even those from acquaintances. I realized however that everyone has problems and if a person were to say that things are always fine in their life, then that is a cause for concern.
Resilience is born out of the constant struggle for equilibration or equilibrium. When life pushes one down the natural human reaction is to strive to get back up. More often than not the fallen one will rise up, stronger than before and with a renewed sense of purpose and direction. I believe that I have overcome many hurdles in my life. Through this course I have been able to face myself, something I avoid doing at all costs. I have come to a better understanding of my strengths but especially my weaknesses and I know that even in my weaknesses there is strength.
I now feel better equipped to go out and continue striving towards my goal of giving back to society by becoming a counselor so that through my own experiences I can help someone who may be in a similar quandary such as mine develop resilience and learn that life is all about conquering your fears, acting in courage and simply living it out in the best way possible simply because the only way through it is to actually go forward.
I have the assurance by my faith and the corroboration via this course to say boldly and firmly that it is well with my soul. Or in the words of Sizzla and Buju Banton..."All shall be well!" 



No comments:

Post a Comment